Acrylic waterproofing products for wood is a professional sealant designed for longstanding waterproofing of joint (from 2,5 to 5 cm) in wooden house and for filling cracks and shears of wooden surfaces.
It is possible to be applied to mineral surfaces (concrete, plaster, brick), PVC, metal, galvanizing and others (thanks to special additives in acrylic latex formula compound). The waterproof sealant for wood is applied to the surface with a gun or a putty knife. The acrylic sealant is widely used for timber blocking waterproofing. Temperature span of application: from -10˚С to +32˚С. Temperature span of operation: from -60˚С to +70˚С.
Acrylic waterproof sealant for wood properties
- material has unique elasticity and ultraviolet resistance;
- high resistance to humidity penetration;
- low thermal conductivity;
- bears to 7 cycles of freezing at the temperature of -180С.
- The material application advantages
- environmentally safe and fire-proof;
- high vapor permeability;
- protection from heat leakage, prevents water and wind penetration;
- weather- and ultraviolet-resistant;
- high elasticity, doesn’t cast;
- protected from mildew occurrence and microorganisms expansion;
- expected service life – 20 years minimum.
Before the sealant application it is recommended to clean joints from previous coatings, dust, dirt. Then the surface is barked and damped. In order to make joint lines more accurate a building tape is used. The sealant is applied with a gun or a putty knife.
Attention! Popouts occurrence. Popouts are frequently met during a house waterproofing. They are being formed when humidity from beams start to vapor in dry hot weather. Popouts can vary in size to a great extant. So before waterproofing make sure that your beams are completely dry. If a popout has occurred pierce it in the middle and add a sealant into it.
Where to apply
Inside your house: different gaps and cracks, cable conduits; joints under baseboards; water-supply risers; around sink, bathtub or shower cabin, to form grommets against pourings; around window frames, door blocks; around chimney; around water-supply wasteater pipes; also delivery points of gas pipe-line and power line.
Outside the house: houses of beams and timbers have a vulnerable enough spot – outer ends of beams. Wood fibres in that place are disturbed by a cross-break, that allows the atmospheric moisture to sink into wood.
Specially developed waterproof sealant for ends provides:
- the compound absorption deep inside wood pores of outer ends of beams;
- reliable beam end protection from excessive moisture absorption;
- formation of film on the end surface resistant to atmospheric precipitations.