The roof waterproofing is one of the essential steps of its arrangement. To treat the roof in the way that it doesn’t leak after the first continuous downpour — is a very important task. Who wants to get back to roofing works again in one or two months, in order to stop the leak? This is why it is important to make everything at once, thoughtfully, using qualitative present-day materials.
In order to create comfort climatic environment for people’s life and to extend the house working life it is necessary to use vapor barrier and waterproofing membranes.
Waterproofing membrane characteristics
Roofing waterproofing membrane is one of the polymer film modifications. Its main task is to protect the inner space from outer humidity. Besides, the waterproofing membrane protects the building construction from external impacts, and in so doing it extends the working life and optimizes performance characteristics of a building.
Roofing waterproofing membrane is a waterproofing film derived from a polyethylene of high and low density. Also antioxidants and other components that improve technical features significantly can enter into its composition. As a rule membranes for roofing are thin track beds 0,5-3 mm thick. In some cases more solid membranes – 1-3 mm – are used for waterproofing, they are more resistant and reliable, but less flexible and elastic.
Main advantages of roofing waterproofing membrane
- Ultraviolet exploration resistance.
- Long service life – up to 50 years.
- External negative factors impact resistance – corrosion, decomposition and so on.
- Roofing waterproofing membrane is completely safe for the environment and living organisms.
- The suitability to different temperature conditions – the flexibility is preserved in any conditions (from -40°С up to +50°С).
- The reliable waterproofing membrane structure can resist any mechanical damage – punctures, tree rootings, nonthreatening impacts and so on.
- Roofing waterproofing membranes effectively resist the corrosion.
- The resistance to many chemical matters – it is allowed to use liquids with pH from 0,4 up to 13.
Thus, waterproofing films have a lot of advantages. They protect from humidity, dust, accumulated condensation water. There is a possibility to use it with any type of roofing. The film microperforation doesn’t miss aqueous vapor into the insulant. They have a long-term service.
Roofing waterproofing membrane types
There are different types of membranes for roofing waterproofing: polyethylene, polypropylene and unwoven breather membranes.
The waterproofing membrane should correspond the following specifications: water resistance, flexibility, mechanical strength, heat resistance.