Liquid membranes are key materials of modern waterproofing system technology. The key difference of these materials is the fact that they have all the advantages of silicone coatings and joint compounds, but they exhibit high adhesion to any surfaces, even to moist ones, and high elasticity.
Key qualities of liquid waterproofing membrane
Silicone liquid membrane is a non-toxic and fire-resistant material, that doesn’t contain any solvents, isocyanates and phtalic plasticizing agents. It is odor free, and can be applied not only outdoors, but also indoors. Ready-made coating has a high long-term strength and elasticity, it bridges cracks well, has a chemical resistance that guarantees error-free performance for a long period of time in corrosive environment and under ultraviolet radiation.
Thanks to hybrid STP-E technology (polymers with terminalsilanol groups), application of the waterproofing liquid to a surface creates a membrane that keeps water out, even when under pressure, but it also lets gases and water vapour out. Liquid waterproofing membrane polymerizes at room temperature due to atmospheric moisture.
Liquid waterproofing utilizing
The waterproofing material coating technology is quite simple. Liquid waterproofing can be applied by different methods, including airless spraying in 2-3 layers, 1 mm thick each. Silicone liquid membrane can be applied both to vertical and horizontal surfaces. It allows you to use it for:
- roof, balcony, patio and other exposed surface waterproofing;
- foundation, collector and other construction substructures waterproofing;
- floor, water closet wall and bathrooms waterproofing;
- internal basement waterproofing;
- waterproofing under heat-insulated floors on heat carrier;
- waterproofing under ceramic floor and wall tile linings;
- for horizontal expansion joints;
- flat-deck roof repair without old bituminous coating removing;
- basement repair with the purpose of leakage elimination and dehumidification. It can be applied directly to humid surface;
- high-tension transmission line cable chambers and telecommunications cable chamber repair;
- leakages on dissimilar materials (for example metal-concrete, wood-concrete and others) joints repair;
- inclined roof with any type of covering (metal-roofing tile and others) repair.
Liquid waterproofing membrane is resistant to water pressure. A 3 mm thick film can hold 7,6 bars. It has a 8,8 N/mm breaking strength, it bridges 5-7 mm cracks. The drying out time of 1 mm layer at a 23˚C and 50% humidity makes 3 hours.