Corrosion protection is an essential metal structures and constructions treatment that is performed in every sphere of construction industry and industrial production.
It is known that the unprotected metal operating in aggressive environment is exposed to corrosion effect, that gradually leads to metal properties loss. In particular, metal loses its former strength, plasticity, electrical and thermal conduction as a result of corrosion effect.
Corrosion protection will allow you to remarkably increase the product lifespan and will give it an aesthetic look.
Corrosion protection materials
Corrosion protection coatings with zinc metal (zincing) have a number of obvious advantages:
- product lifespan extension up to 60 years;
- all the surface covering with an even layer;
- delamination resistance.
Corrosion protection products, applied using the method of hot zinc plating, provide long lasting protection, however this method utilizations for large-sized metal structures, also when performing remedial works, is impossible. In this regard paintwork materials have achieved a wide extension.
Application of corrosion resistant coatings, as a rule consisting of specially prepared primer coat and enamel, is the most often used method of structures corrosion protection. Such coating eliminates humidity and aggressive agents penetration onto metal surface, and in so doing it extends its general lifespan.
The selection of a certain paintwork material, also the protective coating system picking is performed in consideration of particularly given metal structure type, of present corrosive danger, of planned protection lifespan and preservative treatment performance prime cost.
Advantages of paintwork materials:
- High fire safety and electrical conduction;
- the possibility of zincing performance using the enterprise own resources;
- low level costly characteristic and power capacity;
- the underfilm and filiform corrosion occurrence is eliminated;
- the surface multistage treatment is unnecessary;
- the possibility of flexible coating pressure, expansion and deformation in temperature wide range resistant obtention.
The cold zincing method has approved itself as the easiest and the most available one.
- the possibility of surface welding performance;
- welding joints zincing, defects repairing on-site;
- under factory and in the field conditions performance;
- structure shipping limitations failure;
- ecological cleanness;
- unlike the electrolytic and hot zinc plating methods, the cold zincing protects steal from corrosion 6 times longer.