Basement waterproofing is the technique used to prevent water from seeping through the basement of the house or home and prevents structural damages such as cracks and wall collapse as well as moisture problems like mold and decay.
Methods used in North Carolina for waterproofing are;
Interior wall and floor sealers: where openings in concrete foundation, pipes penetration and cracks are sealed from the interior.
Interior water drainage system: this is waterproofing solution used to mitigate basement damage by creating a channel around the basement perimeter.
Exterior waterproofing: uses coating to stop major water seepage on walls. This is the most recognized method by the International Building Code to prevent structural damages due to water leaks and seepage.
What are the causes of basement water leaks?
Water seep is a gradual phenomenon that can be caused by many factors such as:
- Cracks in concrete. When mixture is not allowed to cry, the concrete cracks, and then allows water to leak through the wall or foundation.Narrow foundation footing which are eroded by soil erosion, which creates spores for water leaks.
- Clogged gutters and broken downspouts allow rain water to be absorbed by foundation soil thereby increasing hydro static pressure.
- Clogged and damaged weeping tiles installed around the perimeter house may lead to excess water exerting pressure on internal walls and basement.
What are Signs of basement water damage?
The signs may not be seen outright from start but after a while, the multiple damages may become evident since there will be structural damages. The signs to watch out for are;
- Crack walls
- Mold inn the basements and wall
- Peeping points
- Bulking walls
What are the waterproofing foundation products in North Carolina?
Homeowner in North Carolina have access to many waterproofing products to choose from. The choice of the products depend on the damage and the part of the house damaged for example basement, walls or roof. Some of the products include:
- Basement floor tiles are interlocking tiles made of waterproof materials. The tiles include; charcoal carpet, mocha carpet, canyon beige tile, sandstone gray tile and parapet tile.
- Faux wood flooring brings both waterproofing and natural beauty in the house.
- Rigid wall panels are waterproof plastic paneling for unfinished basement walls. It prevents humidity and water from seeping through foundation walls into the basement.
- Sump pump which includes cast-iron sump pump and long life battery backup.
- Downspout extensions to move water away from your house or home thereby protecting the basement from water seepage and leaks caused by overflows due to improper installation of gutters.
- Water heater protection is where warning flooring is installed around the water tank and drainage to drain water into the sump pump.
- Sub floor mating are interlocked waterproof tiles that brings warmth in the floor and creates a vapor block on your basement.
- Insulated wall panels keep the basement dry and gives it a great look.Self-draining dehumidifier. The humidifier dehumidify and filters air.
- TPO roofing design
- Modified roofing
- Metal roofing
- Shingles roofing method
- Specialized polyurethane foam sprays
- Stoned coated metal roof files; bonds, Shakes, shingle, classic, Lima and roman.
- PVC gutter system
- Aluminum gutter system
- Metal roof sheet.
- Colorful stone chips
- UPVC roof
Roof Waterproofing in North Carolina
Roof waterproofing involves putting a membrane in the roof system to prevent any leaks and water seepage. The roof waterproofing methods are:
The roof waterproofing can be done on; new roofs, roof replacements and roof repair and maintenance. The materials used for roof waterproofing are;
5 best waterproofing contractors in North Carolina
When it comes to choosing who to do your waterproofing, you need the best expert in the market. To help you choose, the below are the 5 best waterproofing contractor in North Carolina;
- Dry Waterproofing of North Carolina. They offer water damage restoration services and are suited in 106 Lines St. Contact them through +1336-697-8460 and get your water damages restored.
- Dry Otter waterproofing Inc. They are highly rated contractors who offers waterproofing services on foundation, wall and roof.
- Blake’s waterproofing. This is a general contractor company that offers quality waterproofing and general building services.
- Regional Waterproofing contractor. The company is located in 721E Gannon Avenue. You can get touch with them on +1336-698-4742 to get you waterproofing sorted.
- Aquatech Waterproofing. The company is located in 10612-D Providence Rd. call them on’ +1704-8541-7638